Racketeering (RICO) Conspiracy – Obtained only acquittal for client (former head of Peruvian Soccer Federation) in the charges brought in the Eastern District of New York against 41 leaders of international soccer federations in the so-called FIFA-gate prosecutions.
Vehicular Homicide/DUI Manslaughters – Obtained acquittals on multiple Vehicular Homicide/DUI manslaughter charges where the defendant had been accused of driving the wrong way on an interstate highway and causing the deaths of two young men.
Money laundering – Obtained an acquittal in a money laundering/narcotics case against a Colombian computer exporter in U.S. District Court in Fort Lauderdale.
Civil Rights Conspiracy – Obtained an acquittal in a case where prison officials were criminally charged with violating the civil rights of an inmate in U.S. District Court in Miami.
Murder – Obtained a directed verdict of acquittal on a first-degree murder charge in a case defended on a self-defense theory based on the “battered woman syndrome.” The defendant was convicted of a lesser offense.
Mail/Wire Fraud –
- Successfully negotiated a probationary sentence for a defendant, facing multiple years in prison for his participation in a commercial bribery scheme who co-operated with federal authorities in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Obtained a sentence of time – served based on the defendant’s co-operation in a health care fraud case in U.S. District Court in West Palm Beach, Florida.
- Obtained a radically, reduced sentence for a defendant who co-operated with authorities in a drug-compounding scheme to defraud private insurers in U.S. District Court in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Obtained a global settlement of criminal charges then pending against a defendant in the U.S. District Courts in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania and in the District of New Jersey resulting in a substantially reduced sentence in those cases.
Tax Fraud –
- Successfully negotiated a plea deal for a client who had failed to file income tax returns for over ten years and failed to pay taxes on more than $4 million in income during that period. The government agreed to allow the defendant to plead to misdemeanor charges only in U.S. District Court in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Successfully negotiated a plea deal for a client charged with concealing over $1 million cash income from the IRS which resulted in a sentence substantially below the federal sentencing guidelines in U.S. District Court in Miami, Florida.
Public Corruption –
- Successfully negotiated a minimal sentence in the case of a former city council member charged with obtaining bribes in the form of home improvements from contractors who had business pending before the public official. The case was prosecuted by the State Attorney’s Office of Broward County, Florida.
- Successfully argued for a reduced sentence in the case of a Hollywood Police Officer charged with bribery, based on his substantial assistance in the cases against him and his co-defendants in U.S. District Court in Miami, Florida.
- Obtained dismissal of charges against a Miami/Dade police detective for making false statements to a judicial officer in connection with an application for a search warrant in the Circuit Court of Miami/Dade County.
Steroid/HGH Crimes –
- Successfully negotiated immunity for several owners of hormone replacement clinics which resulted in defeating the government’s efforts to prosecute those owners for felonies.